2) Learning Objectives
3) How to Prepare for Supervision
4) TxF Questionnaires
5) Effective Feedback Cycle
7) Downloadable Questionnaires
8) Clinical Supervision Quiz
9) Intro to Next Talk
- Understand and break provider resistance to TxF questionnaires
- Evaluate provider process and growth
- Identification of client factors vs. provider factors
- Use of subject knowledge to oversee clinical decisions
- Data and targeted treatment
- Use of the feedback cycle with TxF questionnaire data
How to Prepare for Supervision
- Pull your treat first data from BHSD Star. If you capture TxF data in your electronic health record you will want to pull that data as well.
- Identification of trends – review data, look at al the scores. Specifically focus on scores lower than 5, scores that have not moved up in percentage points and scores that are all 10s.
- Talk with your providers about these identified trends and determine if it is a valid score or a misrepresentation of the session.
- Remember that the TxF data can provide immediate in-session feedback. Be sure you ask your provider if any feedback was given or if scores were addressed in the session/appointment.
- Was quality care provided? Did the client feel heard? Was the client’s goal shifted in the appropriate direction? Was the problem resolved?
- TxF questionnaires provide a therapeutic snap shot of the targeted care we are providing. Allowing us to know if we are adhering to the model and providing the appropriate support the client needs.
- You want to ensure your staff are engaging in constructive dialogue regarding TxF questionnaires response.
- The questionnaires allow you to identify challenges in adherence to the model. It allows you to work through provider resistance, you and how they increase the providers ability to adhere to the model and expected outcomes
- Client voice and use of the questionnaires to promote confidence in client centered decision making
Effective Feedback Cycle
- The feedback cycle and reciprocal relationships- role play in supervision how your provider can use the questionnaires, accept feedback and make repair with the client.
- This is a great tool to support the client and provider in learning how to accept feedback, respond in a positive manner and ensure that any issues that were discovered can be resolved. Hence, the client develops skills in reciprocal relationships and confidence in expressing their feelings, concerns and needs.
Let’s review what we’ve learned:
- People get better, lets allow them to be heard. Their voice is the most powerful tool they have.
- Quality behavioral health care is person-centered, collaborative and solution focused.
Clinical Supervision QuizWhere can you locate your Treat First Questionnaires data?
- BHSD Star
- From my providers
- Electronic Health Record
- BHSD and Electronic Health Record if it is captured
- Quality care was provided
- The client felt heard
- The client did not feel heard
- The client’s problem was resolved
- All of the above
Intro to Next Talk
[in the next talk we will learn about….]